Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Small Wonders Wednesday

Slightly windblown but enjoying her applesauce

Don't you just love it when you find ways to save money!   I know I sure do.  Well my little girl just loves what she calls "squishy fruit."  You probably know it as Applesauce in the squeeze pouches.  These are great for easy snacks, no mess, no spoon...you get the picture.  I usually buy mine at Costco and save a little money but as I was looking at Pinterest the other day I came across a pin for refillable pouches.  I knew I needed to find some.   To make a long story short I found some at a local Wal-Mart for about $8.00 for two.  The initial cost seems high for two pouches but I know in the long run it will save me money.   The pouches I bought are made by BooginHead but I know there are others who make them.  So far I really like them,  dishwasher safe, freezable and easy to fill.  I cannot wait to use them for homemade baby food for the twins.  I am thinking I will have to invest in some more.  These will be so much better then carrying heavy jars of baby food(for 2 babies) in the diaper bag.  
*This review was entirely my own, it was not done for money or product.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I've never seen those - looks like a great idea! I'll have to check our Walmart. Weston's not real skillful with a spoon yet... ;)

Melissa said...

They are great. Piper can use a spoon but she still makes a mess with runny food (like applesauce). And they are so nice for on the go snacks.