Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What a day!!


Well today has been one busy day. Our preacher and his family were coming over for supper and Payton did not want to obey very well today. So I had quite the time telling her not to turn the tree lights on and off, not to turn the computer screen off and much, much more. But anyway all the house work got done and the supper was very nice. I put Taco soup in the crockpot this morning and this afternoon I made some very yummy pumpkin bars. It was a new recipe but it turned out great. Tomorrow I will try to post some pictures of my Christmas decorations. I tried taking some to night but my camera is going dead and the pictures are fuzzy. Thank you to everyone that posted an anniversary greeting, we appreciated everyone of them. Today Eric went to town to get somethings and brought me a very pretty pink potted flower. He is such a sweetheart.

Fall Pumpkin Squares

2 t. cinnamon 2 c. sugar

1 t. baking soda 2 c. flour

1 t. salt 2 c. pumpkin

1 t. vanilla 1 c. oil

4 eggs

Mix all ingredients together. Pour mixture into jelly roll pan or 9"x13" and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes(until toothpick comes out clean).

Icing:

2 to 2 3/4 c. powdered sugar 3/4 stick of butter softened

8 to 11 oz. cream cheese 2 t. vanilla

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Spread on cooled pumpkin squares. Keep refrigerated.

2 comments:

Charity said...

Those pumpkin squares sound good! How is the gingerbread house coming? :)

Melissa said...

The gingerbread house still needs some work. I am hoping to get it done this week.