Friday, December 4, 2009

Finished Object Friday


Don't you just love aprons that have a story behind them. When my Mom visited a few months ago she bought me this fabric and trim, it belonged to my Mimi Norwood who no longer wanted it. Well to make a long story short I made Mimi an apron for Christmas out of her own fabric once I heard "its" story.
The fabric was a flour sack from when Mimi was a little girl and the trim was crochet by Grandma Barker(some of you know who she was). The trim was originally supposed to go around a pillow case but I thought it was just the right touch for this apron and what better way to combine two very special items. I just love the way it turned out and I know Mimi will love it.
By the way if anyone is reading this that talks to Mimi, SSHH, its a surprise.
If you would like to see more delightful finished objects go on over to the Chari Tree.

4 comments:

Charity said...

That is soo special! I love that lace trim - so unique and just the right touch! :)

Shirley said...

Yes, Melissa, I just love aprons. Something about them makes me smile and remember all the important women in my life who wore them. You did a wonderful job on it and your Mimi is just going to love it.
I've enjoyed the pics of Piper. What a beautiful sweetheart!

Tammy said...

How sweet a story. I love the apron.

Brittany said...

That's precious! I just love it!