Thursday, July 24, 2008

I survived the storm...

Hello blogging friends, As many of you know I stayed a few days at Iowa-Illinois Camp. Well Sunday was as good as can be expected (we had kitchen duty). Sunday night found me spending the night alone in my in-laws camper, no big deal right. That is until about 5:30 Monday morning when the wind started blowing and it was raining(the wind was clocked at 94 mph at the airport). I woke up looked out the window and the trees were dancing, bending and breaking, the electricity went out and then things got even scarier. The wind was blowing so hard the camper was rocking and limbs were hitting the roof, I was sure a big dead branch right over the bed was going to come through, so I went to the couch, covered my head and began praying for the storm to go away and that no one would get hurt. Well the Lord is good and the storm did end but not before a tree fell on Eric's Aunt DeRene and Uncle Toms camper. It did major damage to their camper but thank the Lord they were safe. I heard someone say that we lost about forty big limbs or trees on the campgrounds. Monday we had no morning service, everyone was cutting and hauling trees and limbs. By the end of the day they had gotten four generators to run the camp but only lights, no a/c. But the Lord was good to us and keep it from getting to hot. When we left Tuesday night there still was no power. And as always I did not have my camera, I will get pictures from someone soon.

1 comment:

Charity said...

I heard about the storm at church last night! So glad you are ok... that had to be frightening!