Friday, January 6, 2012

Kitchen Transformation



 I am so excited to share our kitchen update with you, while we were away at Christmas we had our kitchen worked on.  It was so nice to come home and see the wonderful things that had been done.  So now I will give you a photo tour of the kitchen from the time we bought the house until now.  
  Below is the kitchen is the way to kitchen looked when we started cleaning it, the people were taking a lot longer to move out them what had been agreed on to we came in and began boxing stuff(junk) and putting it in the garage.  The first time we looked at the house I got home and asked Eric "what color were the counter tops?"  

We painted and cleaned, the kitchen was then presentable.
I disliked the dark cabinets so this fall I painted them, quite an undertaking.  The kitchen was now looking pretty good, except for the white and gold fleck counter top, and blue and orange peel and stick tile, that was coming up in big sections.  Every time you mopped or moved something across the floor more came up. 
Enter Winslow Home Improvements, those guys are great. As I said before while we were gone for Christmas we had the carpenters come and "help" our kitchen out.  We gave it the works,  new counter tops, ceramic tile, new sink, faucet and a Dishwasher.  I am so totally in love with that thing!
I am so thankful to have a "new" kitchen, it has been so fun rearranging things and decorating. 
Thank you to both sets of parents who helped us with this, it is a great Christmas present.    I hope you have enjoyed this photo tour, sure wish I could have my blog friends over and see it in person, I might even let you try my new Keurig coffee/drink maker.  Stay tuned, in the near future I will share with you the other great things that have been done to the house.   

4 comments:

Tammy said...

That is awesome! I love the new look of the cabinets. How did you do it?

Melissa said...

Thank you, I love them too. I used a kit called Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations, it was pretty simple, just time consuming.

Melissa said...

Thank you, I love them too. I used a kit called Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations, it was pretty simple, just time consuming.

Brittany said...

Wow, Melissa! It looks great!