Friday, October 30, 2009

Finally finished...

After starting this quilted tree skirt two years ago it is finally finished. My Mother inlaw paid for me to take the class and make this tree skirt. I took the first class and then life happened and just a few weeks ago I had the chance to go back and finish it. Click on the pictures for a better look.
I had to cut all the pieces just the right way and sew them together just right. I decided I am not cut out to be a quilter, you have to follow the directions to closely.
I thought it turned out pretty nice and I got it done just in time to use under the tree this year.
For more finished objects go on over to the the Chari Tree and see what is happening over there.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Wow! That's impressive, and it turned out beautiful! I've always wanted to learn to quilt, but I'm sure I don't have enough patience :) Maybe some day...

I just showed the pics to Dave and he said to tell you it's amazing! :)

Charity said...

Wow! That is sooo pretty! Hmmm... I don't really think I would have the patience for a lot of quilting either...all those tiny pieces! :) It sure is nice when it is finished, though!

Andrea said...

WOW! You sure did put a lot of work into that! and it is beautiful!
I bet at Christmas you'll be smiling everytime you walk by your tree ;)

Melissa said...

Thanks everyone for the comments. I know I will enjoy using it under the tree, if presents don't cover it up. I believe I will stick to my other crafiness though, I don't have to follow directions.