Saturday, September 27, 2008

Help Wanted...

pumpkin pie picture

WANTED: Someone willing to cook for a pregnant lady! Really I think I am about ready to hire a cook, I can't seem to think straight when I get in the kitchen. This evening after I got home from working with my Mother in-law I decided Pumpkin Pie sounded so good. And thus began my attempt at getting it made, it is not a hard thing to make, I have made a couple before. But with my brain, first I did not have all the spices I needed so I improvised, no big deal and then we get to the part about adding Evaporated Milk...to make a long story short twice I opened a can of Sweetened Condensed Milk and wouldn't you know the last time I really thought I had the right thing in my hand and so I proceeded to dump it in. And so I am now sitting here waiting on my husband to get home with my car so I can go to the store and get more ingredients. Doesn't anyone feel sorry for me? Now you can see why I am ready to hire a cook, the only thing you need to know how to make "this week" are pumpkin pies, grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Anyone want the job?

2 comments:

Marcus and Julie said...

How much you paying?? HAHA Just kidding! I'm sorry...if it makes you feel any better I have done that before and I'm not even pregnant. I hope that it gets better for you.
I have had to privatize my blog for a few reasons and I wanted to tell you that if you would like an invite just send me your email address and I will send you one. Also if you Mom would like to have one too let me know. flyhelosusmc@yahoo.com
I hope that you had a great weekend!

Jennifer said...

Pumpkin Pie! That sounds pretty good!. I'm too busy for another job especially with a two year old around. You can call Marci....I'm sure she would be a good hire.